1. A new killer swag bag from Gucci that I’d been eyeing up for months. That suede, that clasp, that chain… This might be my favourite purchase to date and is up there on a metaphorical pedestal with my tan Chloe Faye. What a beauty.
Elsewhere, a magazine dedicated to coffee and Cuba I picked up in Modern Society, along with blank ‘Babe’ business cards, perfect for scrawling instagram handles, phone numbers, websites and more on during a busy time like fashion month.
2.I don’t think I’ve ever look so tired and haggard as I do right now and I’ve been a bunch of new products to see if the counteract the effects of little sleep and lots of stress. I’ve become totally obsessed with the Chantecaille Clay Mask with rosemary and honey (so thick and satisfying to put on) and the Charlotte Tilbury eye cream for helping dark shadows and fine lines. The grain-free YSL Top Secrets exfoliator smells amazing and works a treat while a bit of This Works Energy Bank Sun Flash after moisturiser helps add a bit of a natural looking glow. Lastly, La Mer’s renewal oil a couple of nights a week is going some way in eliminating that dry, sallow, central-heating no one wants to wake up with…
3. If anyone’s a good advocate for supplements and shakes its ‘the body’ Elle Macpherson. Her new alkaline Super Elixir powder has become a daily ritual for me lately, stirred into a Savse smoothie, nutribullet concoction or just blended with coconut water. Likewise the Cacao pea protein powder makes everything taste like a malteser shake and if I’m in a rush, I like it with almond milk, banana and flax seeds in the morning for breakfast.
4. This Kate Somerville exfoliating mask might be ridiculously expensive considering the tiny size (I actually had to double check my Amazon order to check I hadn’t been sent a tester!) but it is seriously good. It really tingles to the point of stings, smells like mince pies and leaves skin super smooth and bright. Body-wise, Frank’s coffee-based scrub is amazing for getting scaly legs back on track before its bare leg season again. If you have a holiday coming up and have been hiding under jeans for the last four months, I’d definitely pick up one of these before you go.
I love anything rose-scented so Aerin’s rose body wash and Christophe Robin’s volumising conditioner have been making morning showers smell like Spring, even when its 5 degrees out. I’ve barely had time for baths in the last month but the one or two I’ve had, I’ve been rediscovering Ila’s bath salts that smell like jasmine and look just as good as they smell on the corner of my bath.
5. Courtney of Always Judging has collabed with Velvet tees for some seriously cool new pieces and I love this ‘1987’ tee for any 80s babes out there, or indeed just anyone that loves a good monochrome slogan tee that doesn’t say the word ‘Kale’. Again with that bag and that Anine Bing jacket too, feel like I’ve been living in this duo lately… The earrings are from Need Supply and just seem to make any outfit so much better right now.
6. Some hair heroes for anyone else battling fine, flyaway, breakable locks right now… I put loads of the Oribe mask all over my hair before shampooing with a plastic shower cap and a warm towel in the bath. Works like a charm…
The Show Beauty hair oil feels very old-world boudoir sitting on your dressing table and I love the pipette dispenser. Smells like caramel and makes fried ends smoother and less straw-like instantly. The amazing agate slice is from Not Another Bill – I love them with candles on on my coffee table.
7. I might (fingers crossed) finally be going to Bali soon and this beautiful guide book by my very talented friend Anna (@lostguides on instagram) will be my bible while I’m out there. After moving to Singapore a few years ago, Bali’s become a second home for Anna and I can’t wait to finally discover some of the places I’ve been seeing all over her instagram for myself. Check out the Lost Guides Bali edition here.
Makeup wise, I’m gutted to have finally run out of my Glossier Boy Brow (the best brow product I’ve ever used), while Rodial’s airbrush concealer and South Beach blusher have been everyday staples lately. I love the new YSL Touch Eclat highlighters emblazoned with ‘No Need To Sleep’ and, my favourite, ‘I Am Not A Morning Person’ and this Aerin Kabuki brush is beautiful to look at and use.
What are you loving right now?
Ph. by me using the Olympus Pen