Apologies for only wearing proper clothes once in this post, it really was to hot for anything more than a bikini and a sarong until sundown. Although I will say, one of my essentials for a winter sun break is a swimsuit. It somehow eases you into baring all if it’s all been under wraps for a while and you forgot to not order pizza the day before you fly. The one I’m wearing throughout is from Missguided, a brand I’ve never bought anything from before but discovered this via Asos. Super simple and kind of 90s, it might be my favourite one piece to date (and only £22).
So in an attempt to keep this final instalment from Oman bitesize, I’m just going to bullet point some favourite bits of our time at Zighy Bay….
– Dinner at the Shua Shack on the beach. Legs of lamb are baked underground in the hot sand for 12 hours and served along with baba ganoush, fried filo rolls and curries, all with your bare feet buried in the sand on the beach.
– The outdoor shower in our room. I didn’t use the indoor one once.
-Watermelon and halloumi with pistachios for lunch.
– Delicious in-villa dining for those nights when you can’t be bothered to wear anything other than a cotton bath robe and have to edit photos and only room service will do.
-No plastic water bottles. Zighy Bay filter their own water and put it into glass canisters free of charge in your room. Considering how much you get through in the heat, I really appreciated not creating your own personal landfill of plastic in the process.
– Lots of juices, mocktails, iced teas and smoothies on the beach plus free homemade ice cream from the beach bar. Enough to lure you from your own little backyard oasis…
– Paddle boarding from the beach whenever you fancy.
– Escaping the heat in the middle of the day with a massage in the spa. For me, the test of a good massage is if I dose off which I did almost immediately and had to down litres of cucumber water to muster the energy to shuffle back to the pool.
Black swimsuit | Missguided at Asos
Hat | Janessa Leone
Sandals | Asos
Scallop bikini | Marysia
Black bandeau bikini | Eres
Jewellery | Lucy Williams X Missoma
Bag | Work Shop Living
Sunglasses | Celine
Ph. by myself and James Wright using an Olympus Pen