I couldn’t decide what to call this post. Weekend wash bag, travel beauty, packing essentials… You get the jist. I didn’t want to put ‘holiday’ in the title as this isn’t so much about sun care, more about the essentials I’d pack for a weekend away. And with a working weekend in Barcelona on the horizon, this felt like the perfect time to share the products that always make it into my case.
I’m a confessed product junkie, or more precisely, have a roster of can’t-live-withouts that come with me wherever I go. When packing though, weight and ease of use matter more than ever so I tend to reach for light, smaller staples like these.
1. Percy & Reed No Oil Oil | My flat, fine hair needs a bit of help at the best of times and this is a great substitute for a massive can of mousse to get the same sort of thickening effect.
6. Nars Laguna Bronzer | I don’t wear makeup everyday, but when I want to look half decent, bronzer is always an essential and Nars’ are without doubt the best.
7/8. Original Mineral Shampoos and Conditioners | I am that tragic person that decants products into those travel-sized containers. As I said, tragic. So it’s nice when a decent brand does really good travel-sized products. Aussie brand Original Mineral is pretty new to me, and indeed the entire U.K, and I love the textures and smell of its products – these come as a set of 5 different ones to mix-and-match.
9. Moroccan Oil Light | I’m new to Moroccan Oil (I can hear all you fans shouting ‘how!’) and absolutely love it. This mini oil is a good way to try it and is much easier to cart around than the big, regular sized one. Go for the light version if you’re blonde.
10. Caudalie Beauty Elixir| This stuff is amazing. I don’t know why or what it really does, but it’s a little refreshing, toning spray I like to mist over makeup to save from looking too done or powdery. Amazing on grey, hungover skin too.
11. Eve Lom Primer | Eve Lom’s new makeup range is pretty special and it’s managed to convert me to primer, a product I previously stamped with a ‘superfluous’ label. Now I get it; if you want makeup to last all day, start with a layer of primer.
12. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser | Foundation isn’t really my bag, but tinted moisturiser on the other hand I’m a big fan of and, put simply, this is the best.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.